Friday, January 05, 2007

Here it goes

So...Prior to giving birth to my daughter I was a solid 143 lbs. I gained a total of 61lbs during my pregnancy, which for those of you who have never had children is more the twice the recommended weight gain for a single birth. Well I have never lost that weight and it has been plaguing me ever since and my daughter just turned 3. In addition to that, I have been recently diagnosed with Lupus. Lupus causes several conditions one of which is arthritis, which I now have in my knees and elbows. The combination of these two things have made me realize I need to loose some weight. So I'm taking a page from Lex and track my weight loss progress. This is really hard for me to admit so please be kind. Here it goes:

Current weight: 205 lbs
Goal weight: 155lbs
First milestone: to loose 10lbs by February 14th.
2nd milestone: loose 25lbs total by my sister's wedding, April 28th
3rd milestone: loose 40 lbs total by my mom's birthday cruise September 8th
Goal: loose 50 lbs by DP's wedding, October 6th

My biggest hurdle is giving up fried chicken (specifically wings) and Pepsi. Sweet Lord I love my Pepsi. I will be keeping you updated on my progress. If any of you have nutritional food ideas please let me know. If any of you have gone through trying to loose weight, please give me some support/enlightenment.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Julius Seizer said...

Good luck with the weight loss endeavour...

On my blog I recently posted some advice about how to make new year resolutions work successfully - if you have a moment please feel free to take a look.

Happy new year!

Julius

http://www.personalchangeblog.blogspot.com

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, we will do this together. I'll talk to you on Monday. We all need support and we can support each other.

Love ya and have a great weekend.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lex said...

All righty! Glad to have someone in the struggle with me. Let's do this, shall we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home