Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm just not that young anymore

So...Last night TD, ES and I, took our friend YW out to celebrate her completing Nursing School (She really deserved to celebrate, she has worked full time, raised her daughter, goes to school and manages to work clinicals on the weekends for the last 7 years, I'm truly proud of her) Any way, we go to this place called the Bamboo lounge in Center City. At first we thought the place was going to be corny because it was so empty and because the clientele at the time was sort of laid back. But by 10:30 the club was starting to get hot. Initially it was just me, VW and TD and this old ass man sitting across from us, who had been staring at us for about an hour like we were a X-rated movie, bought us a round of drinks and proceeded to tell us how beautiful we are and then walks back to his seat. Well in walks ES and all the black men in the club get an instant attitude because this white dude is getting all this love from the 3 of us. So any way, we each by YW a drink and it's on, the DJ was hot, after ES gave the cocktail waitress his card and told her to start a tab, the drinks was flowing, the dancing started , we had a ball. There was a group of people at the table next to us celebrating someone's birthday, well one of the guys started dancing with YW and then they all wanted to dance with us, even the girls. So the 4 of us basically get the party jumping and before you knew it the place was jam packed and the 4 of us were right in the middle of the fun. This one white guy followed poor YW all night like a little puppy, he just wouldn't leave her alone it was hilarious and then this old guy was telling me how nice my "jugs jiggled", what the f*ck!!!!. Then this dude like 3 feet tall kept asking TD all this music trivia, finally I just screamed "Who the hell are you Alex Trebek!!!!!!! Go sit down somewhere!!!" He was really starting to annoy me. So at around 1:45 we decide to go get something to eat because we are all starving except for ES, but he goes anyway, then we get there and he orders the most food, go figure, so we are at the diner eating having a ball when TD's BF calls and she starts rushing us to leave, the nerve of some people. Needless to say we had an absolute fantastic time, YW had fun and that was the point of the evening, now at 9:30 am I have not been to sleep, I'm still a little hungover and I'm at work, what the hell made me think I could pull this off, I look like shit and I feel like shit, never again!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah right. You'll have one of those nights again.

It sounds like a great time. I wish I would have been there.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Sounds like fun, I'm glad y'all helped YW celebrate hard because you're so right, she deserved it!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger SBW in MD said...

Those nights are sooo worth it. I remember the days when I could party all night and still go to work the next day as if I had gotten 8 hours of sleep!

Thesedays if I'm not in bed by 11 I am totally worthless the next day!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, you've still got it!!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Tanique said...

Let's: I wish I still had those days, but 3 days later I still hadn't recovered.

Lex: I so do not still have it. They are talking about making this a monthly outing, I may have to make it a twice a year outing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home