Monday, August 28, 2006

The Bridal Shower

On Saturday, I went to a bridal shower for 34 yr old woman. She has been living with her fiance for about 7 years now. They have 2 children 1 & 6. They purchased there home together and it is completely furnished. Now, I said all of this for a reason. At the bridal shower on Saturday, she received very nice gifts, if they were for a new couple just beginning their lives together, but this is an established couple, so I believed. Well, I have always been told that the bridal shower was for the bride to receive things for the honeymoon, i.e. lingerie, body accessories, perfume, things of that nature. So I bought her 2 negligees; one black w/garter and thong and one pink with sheer netting. Well the reaction to my gift was if I had given her a complete how-to Karma Sutra video, a bullet and a rabbit. I almost felt ashamed that I would even think that a newly married couple with 2 kids would even think about have sex on during their honeymoon. Please tell me if you think I was out of line.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Lex said...

This is WAY late, but no, not at all!!

How do they think she got those babies??

I hate to ask this, but I'm gonna...were these church folks?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Tanique said...

Lex, Thanks for stopping by...Yes, Some of them were chuch folks but they weren't the ones acting all snobbish, it was the no church folk...Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home