Monday, August 14, 2006

Wow!!! What a weekend!

So...Where do I begin. Saturday we gave my neice a baby shower. She received more than enough gifts and everything turned out beautifully. We did however have way too much food left over, so I called a homeless shelter to donate the rest of the food to. They were very grateful (The name of the shelter is Acts of the Apostles Adult Transitioning Center, in case you ever would like to donate anything to them.) Well, when I arrived at the center some men at the center helped me carry the food inside and one of the gentlemen had the nerve to ask me did I come with the meal. WHAT!!! Do I look like a side order????

I went to New York yesterday to see "The Color Purple". Let me just say this; even if you never read the book or saw the movie please do your self a favor and go to the play. It is completely amazing. I love the street people in NY they are so creative and you wonder how they ended up in their current situation. Prime example: As I'm walking down 5th towards the Empire State Building I saw this -

I laughed for 3 blocks and gave him $1.00 for originality. He was very pleasant; he didn't smell; he didn't bother anyone, I wish I could have given him more but I was broke by the time I saw him.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Judy said...

That's very clever marketing for a homeless person.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home